Sunday, March 11, 2012

Bone Dressing (Bone Dressing #1)

Author: Michelle Brooks
Published: April 2011
Pages: 255 pages
Genre: Paranormal /Urban Fantasy
Pinky's Rating (out of 5): 5 stars

As a huge fan of all things paranormal I was intrigued by the title of this book and what this story might reveal. I wasn't disappointed.

Bone Dressing is the story of Sydney Roberdeau, a complicated 17 year old, who has been forced to grow up quickly after becoming an orphan. Her favourite place to go when she needs to get away from it all, "To feel anything. To feel alive", is the local cemetery. It is here that she meets Beau, Sarah and T.J.

But just who are they, what is their connection to Syd, and why is the connection between Beau and Syd so strong, even magnetic. It is with their help that Syd starts on her journey revisiting her past lives her "Bone Dressing", and where we are drawn into the lives of Rache and Jesse, as together they try to figure out and correct past mistakes, and just who is the dark creature that is after her, and why.

Michelle has managed to write a truly captivating story that had me totally enthralled from start to finish. I laughed,  I cried and at times wanted to reach into the book and throttle them with my bare hands. I can't wait to see how their journey unfolds.

  

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pinky, I love your reviews and would love to send you a copy of one of my books. Drop me a line at jayde-scott.blogspot.com if interested. Best, Jayde

    ReplyDelete