Sunday, March 31, 2013

Nimpentoad

Authors: Henry, Josh & Harrison Herz
Art: Sean Eddingfield & Bill Maus
Published: 3 November 2011
Genre: Children's Fantasy
Pinky's Rating (out of 5): 5 dragonflies

Book Description
A charming tale of the courageous and resourceful little Nimpentoad, who leads his tribe of Niblings through the perilous Grunwald Forest, overcoming obstacles and encountering strange creatures along the way.
 
My Thoughts
When I was approached by Henry Herz to read and review his children's chapter book, I was thrilled that he felt my humble blog could help him get his message out there.
 
When I started reading, I was equally impressed with the story as we follow Nimpentoad through the Grunwald Forest to Goofus the giants castle. The story has strong themes throughout, bullying, teamwork, leadership. All these and many other are situations that our children face everyday, at school, on the internet, in the playground.
 
While children who read this wonderful story may think of it only as a magnificent adventure, there will be times when the actions and thoughts of Nimpentoad and his Niblings do ring true in their mind, and they can relate to the messages that are ever so subtly being told.
 
I highly recommend this book to all parents to read for themselves, give to their children to read, or read to their children.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment