Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Meet - Dani Morgan

Hi Dani thanks for stopping by Pinky's Favorite Reads on the Insanely Drawn Blog Tour ! Lets get started

Where are you from originally? Indianapolis, IN, USA

Tell us your latest news? July 15th is the official release date for my first novel entitled Insanely Drawn. It’s a thriller suspense with a bit of romance thrown in.

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why? I’m going with the 1980’s (romance side). For some reason, I am picturing Jackie Collins in furs and diamonds, carrying a miniature poodle in her purse, regaling stories about her sister, Joan and their glamorous life while we eat caviar off of a young naked Fabio on the dining room table of a Beverly Hills mansion. Ooh you've got my imagination going now Dani !

What are your current projects? I have a self-pub book coming out in the next few months called Wayward Son.  I am also writing on two different series, neither have names yet. One is sports themed based and pure erotica while the other has a paranormal element with some erotica tones, possibly delving into the BDSM world in one or more of the books.

What books or authors have influenced your writing? Anne Rice - her Vampire series and also her erotica.  Stephen King in my youth and teen-aged years. Lastly, I would say, V.C. Andrews - well the books before she died and they had a ghost writer recycle her own words and ideas time and time again.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet? I already met Anne Rice so I have fulfilled the number one person on my list.  I guess Stephen King would be next in line.  The way his mind works amazes me.

What book are you reading now and in what format (ebook/paperback/hardcover)? The Dom who loved me by Lexi Blake in paperback.

Tell us a little about your background. When did you start writing? I have been writing for a long, long time.  When I was around ten, I starting making up my own worlds. By the time I was twelve I was writing more adult themed stories and it just took off from there.  After school, my life got a bit busy traveling around the US, and I put the pen and paper aside. Eventually, I married and became a mother.  After my divorce, I took up the pen again and here I am.

Where do you get your ideas? Mostly dreams but it’s funny how many come to me in the bath or while I’m driving. I have a few friends that I bounce the ideas off of and they give me the thumbs up or down.
 
What is your writing process? I am a plotter to the core, almost to the point of obsession. Every story has a folder. I figure out the basic plot and write it down on a pad of paper and start my folder with that. Next, I come up with the cast, find pictures of who I picture in my mind (or as close as I can find) and write their names and stories on a piece of paper with their image.  Next, I create a playlist of music that is the right tone. Lastly, I open up a document and write.
 
Do you write full-time now? No, not currently but that is my goal.
 
Can you tell us a little bit about Insanely Drawn? It is the story of Sienna Kennedy’s struggles. She is drawn into a crazy paranormal world, and the only thing that makes sense to her is her feelings for Cade Collins. He is not the typical hero in that he is not the one taking care of her; she is the one taking care of him. But it is through their love that both are able to deal with the sinister Drs. Montgomery. 
 
How long did it take you to complete? I started it back in 2011, wrote the whole story in about three to four months then let it sit.  It was last year that I picked it up again and went back to polish it up and found myself rewriting almost the whole thing. I was amazed at how much my style had changed over that time period.
 
Are any of your characters based on real-life friends or acquaintances?  
Yes. There are a few of my friends sprinkled throughout my books but my sports themed erotica has A LOT of them, but I have changed the names to protect the not so innocent.
 
 
Do you ever incorporate yourself into your characters? Parts of me are definitely in there. And more often than not, things I wish I was.
 
Tell us about your cover. Did you design it yourself? The lovely Miranda Stork over at Moon Rose Publishing did the cover. We love Miranda's work !
 
Where did you get the inspiration for your cover? When I closed my eyes, it’s almost exactly what I saw.  I wanted the creepy building and the obstructed person in a window. I felt that gave a huge clue what the story was about and set the right tone.
 
 
Does your reading inspire you and your work? Reading lets me know boundaries of that particular genre. Sometimes my reading is as much research as anything else. I also try to pick up different word choices and imagery while I read.



Where can we find you online?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment