Friday, October 11, 2013

Tha Lazis Project

Author: Marcus Woolcott
Published: 11 October 2013
Genre: Science Fiction
Pinky's rating (out of 5): 4 Dragonflies

Book Description
That which was meant to preserve life for all time failed.

Kira is the last human. Jettisoned at the last moment as an infant, she knows nothing of Earth or of what happened. The denizens of the Draven galazy know what happened and have no time for humans. Hostility and prejudice follow Kira wherever she goes.

As she fights to carve a niche for herself she learns of something that will change the Draven galaxy forever. Strong alliances are forged and deadly enemies are made as she is thrown into a desperate battle to prevent the loss of that which is most precious to humans.

My Thoughts
While I read all genres, I must admit to not having read a lot of science fiction.

When I started reading ‘The Lazis Project’ my first thoughts were, this is going to take forever!! However, as I continued to read, I found myself being drawn into the story of Kira, who as an infant is sent into space as Earth is destroyed.

The story follows Kira, as she learns why she is different from those who she calls her family, and why she is the only one of her species left. As I continued on Kira’s journey, I found myself hoping that she finds what she wants and desires most of all.

There are a multitude of different characters in this story, each a different species that springs from a fertile imagination, reminiscent of Edgar Rice Burroughs’, ‘A Princess of Mars’. However, I did find myself having a bit of difficulty trying to picture what they all looked like, while their descriptions were good they just didn’t gel in my mind.

I must confess though my favorite was Cesar, now that’s one kick ass little guy! Wouldn’t we all like to have a Pavouk as a pet?

I will definitely flag this Author as one to keep an eye on.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment