Tuesday, November 19, 2013

In the Beginning

Author: London Miller
Published: 16 October 2013
Genre: Romance
Pinky's rating (out of 5): 4 dragonflies

Book Description

Twenty-year-old Lauren Thompson left her small town in Michigan to begin a new life in the Big Apple where no one knows her name or the tragedy that had rocked her family fifteen years prior. With new friends and an intriguing new love interest, starting over is easier than she expected...but Mishca Volkov isn't what he seems. As the son of a Russian Mob boss, he thrives in a world of chaos and fear, earning the title of Bratva Captain through blood and pain. 

When the two cross paths, lines blur and passions ignite, bringing them closer than they could ever imagine. Until secrets from the past threaten to tear them apart. Can they fight past their demons...or were they doomed by fate before they ever met. 


My Thoughts
When I started reading this book, I wasn't sure what to expect. 

We are introduced right from the start to some very strong characters, and the author has managed to build on this very well. 

I was able to work out the connection between our leading characters quite early on in the story, but that did not detract from my reading pleasure.

While the author has woven Russian words and phrases throughout the story, as I didn't understand them (and didn't really feel like entering them into Google translator) they were lost on me and I skipped over them, though for the most part I was able to understand the emotion behind what was supposedly being said.

What let this book down in my rating was the lack of editorial quality. That aside, I look forward to reading the next book in the series.




1 comment:

  1. I liked the book too, and am looking forward to read the second book. though i guess my knowledge of russian helped me a lot :))

    ReplyDelete