Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Good Side of Sin (Save My Soul, #3)

Author: K.S Haigwood
Published: 25 November 2013
Genre: Paranormal/Romance
Pinky's Rating (out of 5): 5 dragonflies

Book Description

Josselyn has just spent the last three months in intense Line of Defense training so she could join Malcolm’s search party. Little did she know the archangels had no intention of letting her bring back into Heaven an angel who had opened a portal between Heaven and Hell, at least not before saving God's creations from the tight grasp of Lucifer first.

Three months have passed since the angel Rhyan released nine repented demons from Hell, and now innocent people are dying, but their souls are not going to Heaven. Josselyn's mission is to find the demon responsible for stealing the souls and bring it to justice before Lucifer gains enough power to rise and claim Heaven and earth as his own. 

Her whole world is shaken when she discovers what tool Lucifer is using to track down the one key to the release of his eternal damnation. Thoros is one half-souled immortal she prayed she would never see again. The ex-Prince of Lust had stolen her heart and crushed it with a cheeky smile. Now, not only is she being forced to put her damaged ego aside and face the only man that has ever hurt her, but she has to work with him in order to complete her assignment.

Is she strong enough to keep from falling in love with him again? Or is their love the only thing that can keep Lucifer from getting the one thing he wants most?



My Thoughts

I was drawn into the Save My Soul series from the start, and the story lines have only gotten better with each installment. 

This series encompasses such a wide range of characters and creatures; demons, half-souled immortals, archangels, angels, fallen angels and now an alflight has been thrown into the mix. 

Good Side of Sin expands on the story of Thoros and Josselyn beautifully, as the two of them come to realise what has been destined from the start. Their friendship is tested to the extreme and like so many people in their daily lives, are faced with hurdles in their relationship that must be overcome before they can move forward.


Like all of the Save My Soul books, Good Side of Sin makes you think about what is truly important in your life and the temptations that we are faced with on a daily basis. Only we can make the right choice in our lives, but will Thoros and Josselyn make the right choice and save Heaven from Lucifer.

Good Side of Sin sees Malcolm make a welcome return, he truly is one of my favorite characters. His tell-it-like-it-is attitude and humor make you instantly drawn to him. We are also introduced to Ethan. While he has a small  but important part during the story he really comes into his own with a twist at the end! I can't wait to see what's next for him and hopefully Emma will make a return as well.

K.S Haigwood creates a world where you are instantly drawn to the characters. I laughed and cried and at times felt such a tightening in my chest I felt physical pain, and yes I so wanted to bitch slap Josselyn up the back of the head and tell her to snap out of it !

While the story of Thoros and Josselyn take up the majority of the book, there are other sub plots going on in the background that are obviously leading up to something bigger in books to come. I can't wait to read what comes next.


Do you want your very own copy of Good Side of Sin?

If Good Side of Sin sounds like the book for you and you would like a copy, the author, K.S Haigwood has kindly donated an e-copy to one lucky reader of this review. 

All you need to do is post a comment below to go into the draw. It's that easy ! 

Entries close 18 January 2014.

If you aren't lucky enough to win your very own copy, you can pick one up from: 


         


Want to know more about K.S Haigwood, you can stalk, oops, I mean follow her here:

         




13 comments:

  1. Oh my God, Sharon, I love the review! I'm in tears. It was beautiful. I am so happy you loved it! Hope you liked Isaiah and the small taste of Limbo, because he has book 4 all lined out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your review makes me want to read the book almost as much as what the author wrote about the book! There seems to be a lot of stuff happening throughout this series and I am totally missing out! Lol I am posting as anonymous because I always forget the google info lol but my name is ashley and my email is dordo101 at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also am on facebook as Ashley ReneƩ Phillips and liked and commented :) I forgot to say that lol

      Delete
  3. I have not read any of this series but reading your review I want to.badly!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have not read any of this series but reading your review I want to.badly!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want.to read this series NOW! Excellent review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luv the review I definitely want to read this book

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, I loved your review on this book!! It makes me wonna go to amazon right now and buy it. Putting in on my TBR list right now and reading it asap!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way this was explained! Makes me want to give it a try. :) first time hearing about this book.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You made me want to read it - you write good reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  10. and her books impress me even when I have not read YET

    ReplyDelete
  11. I already have my own copy. So I don't need a free one, but I just wanted to say it is a great series.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations to Rosemary Hendry the lucky winner of an e-copy of Good Side of Sin !!

    ReplyDelete