Thursday, February 20, 2014

Non-Friction Blog Tour





After 12 years, 4 months and 1 and 1/2 weeks of marriage, his wife packs up and leaves with their daughter. So he writes an Indie novel. And it becomes a bestseller. Well, sort of. 

His fame brings him the lifestyle of a rockstar, and he has the fan mail (i.e. female undergarments, probably clean) to prove it. 

But seeing his fame, his wife suddenly believes in marriage counseling. Their homework: to create something beautiful for each other. 

So he writes Our Story, his literary secret-weapon that will win his wife back. But in the process he discovers that true love is more than just ticking the right boxes on a checklist, it starts with.....well.....}i{


BUY LINKS:



Morgan Parker is the pen name for a shy and introverted banker. He currently divides his time between Toronto, Canada and his imagination. When he isn’t writing or working with clients or relaxing at Balzac’s with a medium non-fat cappuccino, Morgan Parker enjoys spending time with his family. And sleeping, preferably on a bed (the left side) but depending on the day, he can pretty much curl up anywhere. No, he is not currently accepting applications for cuddling partners. 



Author Interview

Where are you from originally? 

My mommy’s tummy. When she pushed me out, I soon discovered that I was geographically located in a small-ish city outside of Toronto, Canada. We moved around a lot, though… I think they were trying to confuse me. I can’t wait to play those tricks on my own kids – let them fall asleep in their bedroom, then transport them to, say, the garage while they sleep. 

Tell us your latest news? 

I was surprised by the number of people who really enjoyed “Our Story” within Non Friction. Our Story was written by the main character as a ploy to win his wife back, but it became something much bigger. It became about the most powerful type of love out there. So my big news is that I’ve written Hope, a novella about this kind of love, and it picks up where Our Story left off! Woohoo!

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why? 

I would love to sit down with Dennis Lehane, Colin Harrison, Harlan Coben, Janet Evanovich… the list could go on and on. I’d like to hear their thoughts on why they write what they write. I’d also like to find out if they’re as normal as I am. There, I said it, I’m normal.

Tell us a little about your background. When did you start writing? 

I started writing as a young child because I was bussed to school and my friends all lived far away. It was easier to hang out with the characters I created because they agreed with everything I said and did. The only problem was that they weren’t “real.” But then again, what is “real” anyway?

Can you tell us a little bit about Non Friction?

My latest novel follows Morgan Barker, an indie author whose wife walks out on him. He meets his soul mate, a fan who not only helps him get through his marital collapse, but who teaches him enough about life and love that he grows up.

How long did it take you to complete?

It took a couple of months to write it. It’s not a very long novel, only 65,000 words which is a little more than 1,000 words/day if you break it down like that.

Are any of your characters based on real-life friends or acquaintances?

Yes, absolutely! Rochelle was based on Leslie Fear, the co-author of Villere House. Leslie was one of my first and biggest fans! She’s also Morgan’s biggest supporter in Non Friction!

Tell us about your cover. Did you design it yourself? 

Yes, I designed it myself. I had this idea of putting the }i{ logo on the front of a book. That’s why the cover is what it is… I’ve often thought of revamping it, making it more appealing to the masses without losing the importance of that logo.


We are having a Scavenger Hunt during the blog tour. It's US Only!

Make sure you stop by each blog's stop and check out the fun facts about Morgan Parker they will be sharing. Some of the facts have clue's to the message from Morgan Barker (Character of Non Friction) You must find the ones with Yellow writing and put them together to make the message. Once you have the message send it to verna_loves_david5104@hotmail.com 

First person to get the message wins a Signed Paperback of Non Friction by Morgan Parker! 


Schedule to follow:



Hosted by:










No comments:

Post a Comment