Sunday, March 30, 2014

Review - A Gift of Continence

Author: Tabitha Ormiston-Smith
Publised: 12 February 2012 (first published 18 March 2011)
Genre: Contemporary/Humour
Pinky's Rating (out of 5): 5 dragonflies

Book Description

With the perfect wedding dress, what can go wrong? A great deal, as Fiona McDougall rapidly discovers. From the wedding from hell onwards, Fiona successively discovers that her new husband is stingy, bad-tempered and an adulterer.


WARNING: do not attempt to read this book while drinking hot liquids, as they may shoot out of your nose.

My Thoughts
I'm probably going to embarrass myself with confessing this, but for some reason every time I see the title of this book my brain reads Continence as Incontinence. Two entirely different words I know, but for some reason, my brain couldn't process it. 

OK, second confession, I had to Google continence just so I could figure out what the hell it meant, and why it would be a gift! That said, I now know the difference between Continence and Incontinence and I will get on with the review.

This book is not for the fainthearted. If you do not enjoy side splitting Aussie tongue in cheek humor do not read this book. 

We meet Fiona on the morning of her wedding to the man of her dreams, or so we are lead to believe. From that point forward we are drawn into a story that could have unfolded in any number of kitchens around the world, as the wedding from hell turns into reality. 

This is a beautifully written story, that by the end will have every reader adding their two cents to the plot as plausible ways to see Tim get his just deserts. Yes there are sexual references and profanity throughout, but anybody who knows a true Aussie will know that's just how we roll.

I thoroughly recommend this story, and look forward to reading more offerings by Tabitha Ormiston-Smith





1 comment: