Sunday, March 30, 2014

Review - Sweet Lucidity

Author: Melissa Bond
Published: 6 December 2013
Genre: Paranormal
Pinky's Rating (out of 5): 4.5 dragonflies

Book Description
Before the vampire apocalypse, there was their love.

What would you say to a centuries old vampire who knew in knowing him would lead to your extraordinary death? 

When Melissa meets four curious strangers, who happen to know more about her than she knows about them, her presence in their lives ignites a fuse, shattering her innocence, and the comfortable existence the vampires had grown used to are forever altered.

Contains strong themes involving teens, gore, moderate violence, some sexual situations, and suicide. Not intended for readers under the age of 18.

My Thoughts
When I first started reading Sweet Lucidity, I was not sure exactly what the story was about. There seemed to be a mishmash of themes that didn't seem to connect. It wasn't until about half way through the book that this mishmash started to come together and I found myself enjoying where the story was going.

There is strong character development with our leading lady Melissa who starts as a wary and scared teenager and develops into a beautiful strong willed young woman who is changed by what she learns. The relationship she develops with David and his friends is beautifully described and will leave you breathless.

By the end of the story, I was hooked. What started out slowly turned into a steam train that left me definitely wanting more. I am looking forward to starting the next installment in the series which for me is very aptly named 'Dragonfly'. 


No comments:

Post a Comment