Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Phantom Bigfoot & The Vampettes from Venus - Blog Tour

Phantom Bigfoot & The Vampettes from Venus
By Simon Okill






Welcome to Big Beaver, home of Duane Dexter aka Phantom Bigfoot. Teen superhero, Duane, must get Sheriff Lou and Agent Virgil hitched on orders of the alien Elders. Simple enough! But not for Phantom Bigfoot and Guardian of the forest, who manages to screw things up just when he least expects it.

And when he least expects it, Duane is rendered helpless as a new menace invades Big Beaver in the shape of a punk band - The Vampettes from Venus. It soon transpires these Vampettes are not your ordinary gals from outa town. Duane and his close friend, MB, know space vampires when they see them.

So Phantom Bigfoot with his trusty sidekick, MB, fight these insidious vampires head on in a free-for-all, no-holds-barred struggle. Will Duane save the day yet again or will these sexy Vampettes drink Big Beaver dry?

#Teen Humour #Urban Fantasy #Teen Romance #Action/Adventure







Paranormal author Simon Okill lives in a South Wales coastal town with his wife where he is currently writing about the crazy adventures of Phantom Bigfoot and his tribe of Bigfoot Babes. Phantom Bigfoot & The Vampettes from Venus is book #2 of his YA adventure series, Phantom Bigfoot Series, to be followed by Phantom Bigfoot & The Haunted House. Book #1 is already out there - Phantom Bigfoot Strikes Again. Simon has also written two other books, all available on Amazon - Luna Sanguis and Luna Aeturnus, dark Gothic romance set in France 1925 as well as several screenplays. 









Moments later Duane and MB tried the front door of the Bruger house. Of course it was locked. They hammered at the door.

Duane turned around sensing trouble and wished he hadn’t. Hovering a few feet above MB like a giant red bat was that raven-haired Vampette with the freaky hairdo, mouth open wide, tongue licking large fangs.

“I am Vampirella. I care not for neither of you fellas,” the Vampette sang her words like that punk rocker Sid Vicious, screeching out the syllables with a high-pitched hiss.

What did she mean she cared not for neither of them? His sixth sense told him she didn’t want their blood because they weren’t virgins. Did that mean they were safe from the Vampette’s fangs? Yeah it would seem so, Duane hoped.

“From somewhere within the deep, you cannot resist the need to sleep,” Vampirella screeched her song.

Duane cautioned himself to be wary. Her singing had made him feel a little hazy. The Vampette was obviously using some kind of insidious mind control on them with her lyrics.

The Vampette drifted towards Duane on her red cape wings and stopped less than a few inches from him, her fangs just a millimeter from his bare neck. Duane’s stomach gurgled with fear but strangely enough he didn’t feel like barfing. He stood his ground.

“Chosen by The Elders you have been. The Guardian of the forest I have seen,” Vampirella sang harshly.

“Go to hell!” Duane said, glancing at MB cowering behind him for protection.

“What does she mean by The Guardian of the forest?” MB asked as if those might be his last words.

Vampirella didn’t reply. She cocked her head then sang, “Vermillia … Venusa … Vixenella … come join me.”

The other three punk Vampettes floated down from the roof under their red cape wings and landed silently before Duane and MB.

“Beau is pure, Beau is sweet, he is our lure, he is our treat,” Vampirella and the other three Vampettes sang like demented sirens.

Duane and MB backed up to the front door and hammered to be let in, both shouting, “Let us in for fuck’s sake. Let us in!”




Where are you from originally?

Alpha Centauri in the Drago-Centaur System. I was beamed down into the body of Simon Okill and first opened my eyes as an alien-human hybrid in a ward in Reading, UK, just outside London. And found myself whisked off to Barry in S Wales in a primitive device running on fossil fuel. There I stayed until I married the love of my life and moved to Llantwit Major S Wales, but one day I will return to my home of Alpha Centauri.

What books or authors have influenced your writing?

The first book that really grabbed me was The Guns of Navarone by Alastair MacLean. I was hooked and read everything he wrote and my fave was his Oscar nominated script turned to novel - Where Eagles Dare. Then came the most awesome war satire novel ever written - Catch-22 by Joseph Heller. A simply astonishing work as it mirrors the way big companies treat their employees today. In my late teens I discovered Stephen King and fell in love with his writing which has influenced my novels greatly, especially Salem’s Lot which directed me to write my Luna vampire series. Needful Things influenced my Phantom Bigfoot Series in so far as it involved cruel pranks where as my series turned those pranks’ frowns upside down.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

Stephen King without a doubt and we’d have plenty to chat about. How some of his adaptations could have done with better endings, where does he get his ideas from. How the movie Shining has a better ending than the book. Did that influence him to rethink his future endings? Does he ever fear of running out of ideas? Discuss his use of writing to overcome PTSD as I did after my accident and still do to this day.


Tell us a little about your background. When did you start writing?

I had no background in writing whatsoever. After school I became an engineer. It put food on the table and that was about all I can say about the job that slowly sucked the life out of me. Then came my life-altering event and hey-presto Phantom Bigfoot was born - a blend of human and alien DNA. Perhaps it was my destiny, who knows, but I haven’t looked back since. And here I am answering these questions for wonderful bloggers. I dabbled in writing before the event some 15 years ago – I wrote 22 screenplays some of which had been read by Ian McShane, Timothy Dalton, Gary Oldman, Amando Donohoe, Wolf Kahler and so I’ve been told John Travolta. From those scripts evolved my novels some 15 years later. I Married A Bigfoot Babe became Phantom Bigfoot Strikes Again, Phantom Bigfoot & The Vampettes from Venus and Phantom Bigfoot & The Haunted House. Bathed in Blood became Luna Sanguis and Luna Aeturnus.

Where do you get your ideas?

All my novels are adaptations of my scripts. Okay that’s ass about face, but that’s me I guess. The idea for the scripts came from Star Trek episodes, books I have read, dreams that stuck with me, well more nightmares actually and real life events such as the sinking of the Titanic which will become a novel one day. Mostly though they just pop into my head while watching TV or walking the beach.

Are any of your characters based on real-life friends or acquaintances? - 

There’s this guy across the street, a real nut job with straggly blond hair, fuzzy face and rides to work on a scooter. Very similar to my lead in the Phantom Bigfoot Series - Duane Dexter. But he’s more me than anyone else as I have to admit I was a notorious prankster in school. If a toilet blew up it was me. If a teacher’s car backfired it was me. If everyone got black paint on their butts it was me. If all the toilet rolls in the school vanished it was me. Yep I was pretty darned awesome back then. As for the other characters in the Phantom Bigfoot Series, well they’re all out of my head and do not resemble anyone I know. And I apologize in advance if my characters in any way resemble you out there reading this. Snigger!

Do you ever incorporate yourself into your characters?

I am Phantom Bigfoot therefore I’m all over the book as Duane Dexter aka Phantom Bigfoot. I wish my life was more adventurous like Duane’s, but I’ll let him have all the fun as I’m a bit long in the tooth for all that sort of thing.

Tell us about your cover. Did you design it yourself?

Ah the awesome cover. For some time I scoured photo sites for a suitable subject for my Phantom Bigfoot cover. And drew a great big blank. I’m not clever enough to design it myself so I was lucky enough to know Randy Massey, an author friend on the same group as me - ASMSG. His daughter, Samantha Hensler, is a cover artist and trailer maker. I asked her to give it a go and the end result was her first attempt. Very pleased with her work. She can be found on her website - Ebookcoversgalore.com - well worth a visit.















5 comments:

  1. I love your blog!! Congrats on a great blog post on Phantom Bigfoot and an awesome interview!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pinky for this wonderfully fluffy blog and can I ever thank Natasha enough for discovering your awesomeness. Another Bigfoot Babe has been born.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooooweeeee wooooooweeeeeee I love Simon Okill and his Phantom Bigfoot Series as well as his Luna Woooooooweeeeeeeee Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great interview!! Love the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this interview and write up of a unique book that I am also loving!

    ReplyDelete