Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Review - Gaia's Beings: Poems Inspired by Nature

Author: Hayley Shaver
Published: 6 April 2014
Genre: Poetry
Pinky's Rating (out of 5): 4 dragonflies


These poems are inspired by nature. Kimberly Westrope says about this book, "I read these during my lunch time. What a pleasure it was to read them. I'm not overly fond of nature poems, but there a many little gems here. I have about 10 favorites, but I think "Field Mouse" is my number one pick. Also really liked "Daffodil", "Seasons", "The Breeze of Spring", "Lady River", "Spider Web", "A Speck of Dirt", and "Penguin". 

All of them made me want to go outside and take a closer look at nature and appreciate all the beauty around me. Very inspiring! I also love how you manage to say so much in so few words." 



Gaia's Beings is a beautiful combination of poems that inspire the reader to stop and enjoy the world around them.

The author has managed to convey, sometimes only in a few words the true essence of the being.

"Penguin"

I love the way a penguin moves,
Diving,
Clapping,
Twirling as if
He is dancing
With a mermaid
Only he can see.

Reading this takes me back to happy memories watching the penguins at Sea World as they swam and played without a care in the world. 

It is truly remarkable how the author has managed to capture these thoughts, simple yet effective.

I found myself reading one or two poems each day and just watching the world around me more, feeling the sun on my face and the breeze in my hair. Taking inspiration from what was there long before we took our first breath.




No comments:

Post a Comment