Friday, July 18, 2014

Harp's Voice - Blog Tour



HARP’S VOICE (Harp’s Song #2) by Cassie Shine 

Release Date: June 24, 2014



Single-minded to the point of near seclusion, Harp Evans’ only goal was to move away from her abusive mother, and start a new life at college. Now a freshman at a prestigious university, Harp continues to struggle letting people in, including her ex-boyfriend—Connor Williams—who has always stood by her, especially after her mother exposed a devastating secret about Harp’s origin.



While Harp figures out how to navigate her relationships, especially with her mom, Anne, she will have to exorcize her own demons and face challenges with uncompromising courage, including reuniting her broken family—the family that was shattered by the acts of one man.

After almost twenty years, is it possible for people to change their minds and open their hearts? More importantly, is Harp strong enough to pull them all back together?


Guest Post

What does the future hold for me?
By Harp Evans

I had a hard time making the decision to switch my major from Performance to Education. Performing my cello with a symphony (far away from Iowa) was always my dream … but dreams change.

I didn’t know it at the time, but when I was eleven I met someone who changed my life and the path that I had envisaged for myself.

Connor and I were in sixth grade when we met and became best friends and eventually more. He’s the love of my life-my soul mate and when the universe brings two hearts together like they did with us, you re-evaluate what’s really important. For me that meant never being separated again and helping kids find peace and confidence through music. Most people would tell you that changing your lifelong dreams at the age of 20-for a boy no less-is not a wise decision. But they don’t know him or me, and more importantly, they don’t know us. Beyond that, they don’t know what I’ve lived through and how music saved me. I want to give that hope to kids-to show them how music can give you a life-give you hope.

We’ve got one year of undergrad left before Connor moves from North Carolina to Ohio while I start my Master’s in Music Education. I can’t wait until we live together! Don’t get me wrong … I’m going to miss Harmony like crazy. She’s become my soul sister-she still likes to read my aura’s much to my protest. She’s going to the Eastman School of Music in New York for her Masters program. I’m sad she’s moving, but it’s a great opportunity for her and I am going to visit as much as I can!

Right now Connor and I are at my grandparent’s house in Chicago with my mom and all of our family-including Dr. Dylan who hasn’t left my mom’s side since he hit on her at that cheesy bar. We are on our way to Navy Pier to watch the fireworks for the Fourth of July … I can’t wait! It’s really where it all started so it’s only fitting that we come here every year to commemorate our reunion and celebrate the future with a spectacular, vibrant display of color and sound.







Harp's Voice (Harp's Song #2)





Harp's Song




About Cassie Shine
Cassie Shine released her debut young adult novel, Harp's Song in November 2013, finally finishing the short story she started in her college creative writing class … many, many moons ago. She has always been an avid reader and lover of music (yes, she was in the high school marching band). While she has a weak spot for all things teenybopper, especially boy bands, she also loves classical, country, rock and well, pretty much everything. 

After living in St. Louis for more than ten years, she and her husband packed up a U-Haul and headed west. They currently live in Orange County, CA with their furry kids Finnegan and Molly. 




GIVEAWAY

One lucky winner will receive a $25 Amazon gift card and signed copy of HARP’S VOICE (US only). Three winners will receive a $10 gift card to Amazon or Book Depository (international).

***Any contestant that uses dummy or contest only accounts to enter will be disqualified.***




No comments:

Post a Comment