Thursday, October 16, 2014

Review - Exploration (The Potential Trilogy Book 1)

Author: Peyton Sloane
Published: June 19, 2013
Genre: Erotic Romance
Pinky's Rating (out of 5): 4.5 dragonflies




Being with the same man since she was 18, 26 year old widow Jazz Mickelson is hoping to catch up on all the life experiences that could have been hers had she not leapt into a committed relationship so young.

Julian St. Sauveur is looking for three things: romance, comfort and trust. He mistakenly thought he had them once many years ago. He sees potential for him and Jazz but knows it is too soon for her. 

Will she accept his unusual proposition, one that allows him to hold on to her while she catches up on life?...and will she choose him after experiencing all the wonders that await her?

Find out as Jazz and Julian explore their potential...


This is a beautifully written story of self discovery and awareness. 

We follow the story of Jazz, who while showing the outward persona of being a strong independent woman, is actually very unsure of herself after having her self confidence and self worth squashed.

Intertwined is the story of Julian, who knows what he wants from life and isn't afraid to go after it. However, he too, has some confidence issues and uses his brash bold persona to cover the hurt from previous relationships.

Yes there is sex, and lots of it. Hot, passionate and even a little kinky in places. 

I enjoyed the chemistry that was palpable between Jazz and Julian and how they grew into their relationship. However at times I felt that some of the dialogue was a little high school, especially some of the text message dialogues.

This aside, I liked how we were left with a cliff hanger at the end, that makes this reader want to read the next instalment to find out if love wins out for Jazz and Julian.


I'm a wife of many years to a great guy who is completely supportive of my writing and excited for me but I think totally petrified to ask details. When I started this and he asked what it was about I answered "erotic romance". He looked at my quizzically, so I elaborated -- "smut" and he asked no more...

I have a full time career and am mom to two beautiful fur babies--at the current moment... They're way more photogenic than me, hence my profile pic!

I'm an avid motorcyclist and after many years of contemplation and story ideas formulated riding our great continent I have finally put fingers to keyboard. This is the most monumental event of my life--yes, even eclipsing marriage et al.

As always apologies to my mom who wishes she could wash my mind out with soap!

So looking forward to sharing my characters and their stories with readers, I hope that they bring you as much joy reading them as I am having writing them.



No comments:

Post a Comment