Friday, January 9, 2015

Fierce Enchantments by Janine Ashbless - Blog Tour



Inside the covers of this, Janine Ashbless’ third collection of erotic short stories, you will find delight and terror and lust – and perhaps even unexpected tenderness.

The wayward daughter of Shakespeare’s sorcerer Prospero; a runaway slave who becomes king only for as long as he can stay awake; a servant girl whose three dead lovers return for one last tryst; vampire-hunters haunted to the point of madness by what they have been through; warriors in a desperate future war for the survival of humankind – and one very dangerous frog prince – all appear in this collection of erotic stories that will take you to the edge and then pull you over into the glittering darkness beyond.

Weaving worlds of fantasy, Janine Ashbless draws from fairy stories, history, myth and the darkest depths of her imagination to bring you tales of passion and desire that will enchant, shock and dazzle you.

Fierce Enchantments is available from Amazon UKAmazon US and all other good book retailers.


Meet Janine Ashbless



Where are you from originally? 
I was born in North Wales, U.K … which sounds romantic … except that I was born in a place called Mold!

Tell us your latest news?
My third collection of short dark fantasy/erotica stories, Fierce Enchantments, is out now!

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why?
Tolkien. And I’d sit him down in front of the movie DVDs and watch his reaction …

What are your current projects? 
I’m writing parts 2-4 of my contemporary magical series Lovers’ Wheel. Part 1 (“Summer Seduction”) is out already and I really need to get a move on with the rest!

What books or authors have influenced your writing? 
Angela Carter and Pat Califia.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
Susan Cooper – she wrote a children’s series called “The Dark is Rising” which I lived and breathed for a long time.

Tell us a little about your background. When did you start writing?
I started writing naughty stories in 1999 and my first book of erotic short stories, Cruel Enchantment, came out in 2000 from Black Lace Books. I was working at the time as a full-time Viking in a museum. I’m glad the writing gave me a reason to quit, because the mud and the cold and the smoke was wrecking my health!

Where do you get your ideas?
They come to me in the shower :-)

Are any of your characters based on real-life friends or acquaintances?
I really really try not to do that. It’s not fair on those real people. I did mess up once – I was polishing final edits when I realised to my horror that the hero of my book The King’s Viper was clearly based on someone I knew well. Thank goodness his wife never noticed… ;-)

Do you ever incorporate yourself into your characters?
Oh, all the time. I think all authors do. My characters share my insecurities and enthusiasms.

Tell us about your cover. Did you design it yourself? If so, where did you get the inspiration for it?
No, the cover of Fierce Enchantments was designed by Rachel from Sweetmeats Press. But I adore it – it’s perfect.

Ok, now some fun questions….

Coffee or Tea?
Coffee.

White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate?
Dark.

What is your favourite colour?
Royal blue.

Winter or Summer?
Summer.

If you could have one superpower what would it be?
Teleportation.

If you could be somebody else for a day who would you choose and why?
Name me someone rich and evil. I’d be them – and I’d empty all their money into charity accounts, laughing.

What are three things you never leave home without (apart from keys, money and phone)?
Hairbrush, pants, glasses.

Are you a technology buff (i.e have every electronic gadget known to man)?
No. I’m a bit of a luddite really, and have a near-mystical ability to make computers crash by my mere proximity.

What is a movie or TV show that you watched just recently and enjoyed?
I’m currently catching up on the boxed set of “Deadwood”. And I’m about to watch the “Constantine” series.


1 comment:

  1. Hiya Pinky - thanks for having me on your blog and asking such interesting questions :-)

    ReplyDelete