Friday, February 6, 2015

A Different Kind of Cosplay by Lucy Felthouse - Blog Tour





What inspired you to start writing, and when?

I’ve always written, ever since I was a child. I started writing erotica at university, when I was dared to! I took on the dare, wrote an erotic short story, took it back to show those that dared me. They enjoyed it... and I’ve never looked back!

Tell us your latest news?

2015 has gotten off to a great start, release-wise. A Different Kind of Cosplay was released on the 7th January, followed by my M/M military erotic romance novella, Desert Heat, on the 29th January. February is shaping up well, too. Myself and my fellow Brit Babes release our second anthology, Sexy Just Got Rich: Brit Babes Do Billionaires on the 10th February, and I’m also in two other anthologies due for release in February. Exciting times!

Can you tell us a little bit about your latest work?

Since this tour is for A Different Kind of Cosplay, I’ll talk about that ;) This M/F erotic romance novella was written in response to a call for submissions from the publisher. They wanted stories for a series called Geekgasm. This immediately appealed to me as I’m quite the geek. So I had a think about what I wanted to write about, and thought it would be fun to write about cosplay (costume play). And this is the result!

How long did it take you to complete?

It’s only novella-length, so not too long. I think maybe a couple of weeks, as my writing time is squeezed in around everything else I do on a daily basis.

Are any of your characters based on real-life friends or acquaintances?

Absolutely not. I don’t know anybody that interesting!

Tell us about your cover. Did you design it yourself?

No, the cover was designed by an artist with the publishing house. Though we did throw some ideas around before it was created, and I love the finished article.

Do you plot or write by the seat of your pants?

Both, really. It depends on what I’m writing. For short stories and novellas I tend to just write and see what happens. But for longer works I have to ensure I’m saying everything I want to say, while at the same time keeping it tight and interesting, and keeping things consistent.

Do you have any advice for other writers starting out?

Read lots in your chosen genre, learn to edit your own work, and don’t give up.



Ok, now some fun questions…

Coffee or Tea? 

Tea

White Chocolate, Dark Chocolate or Milk Chocolate? 

Milk chocolate.

What is your favourite colour? 

Purple.

Winter or Summer? 

Summer.

If you could have one superpower what would it be? 

Invisibility. I think it would be a fantastic ability for an erotica/erotic romance writer—imagine the inspiration I’d get, seeing things I shouldn’t really be seeing!

If you could be somebody else for a day who would you choose and why? 

Benedict Cumberbatch’s fiancée. I think the why is pretty obvious ;)

What are three things you never leave home without (apart from keys, money and phone)? 

I often leave home without those three things. It depends where I’m going! Uhh... I can’t think of three, but I’d throw my Kindle in as one.

Are you a technology buff (i.e have every electronic gadget known to man)? 

Yes and no. I’m good with technology, and I embrace it, but I don’t feel the need to have the latest version of everything. I’ll upgrade my phone when my contract runs out, and I’ll replace my Kindle when it dies, but I’m in no rush to go and buy stuff I don’t really need. I’d rather spend my money on travelling!

What is a movie or TV show that you watched just recently and enjoyed? 

I think the last movie I saw at the cinema was The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies, and I loved it. So many hot guys, though ***spoiler*** most of them died. Sooo sad.


Excerpt:

After several long, erotic moments, Reese pulled away, gasping for air. “Doctor Banner,” she said huskily, smirking as she spotted the erection tenting the crotch of Zach’s trousers, “my boyfriend isn’t around right now. Would you like to take advantage of that fact?”

“What do you have in mind?” He pushed his glasses up his nose. Reese thought it was fucking adorable.

“Oh, I dunno…maybe super-hot monkey sex in your laboratory? Just keep that gamma radiation stuff away from me. And for God’s sake, don’t get angry.”
“I think I can manage that.” Taking her hand, he led her into the kitchen, then to the table. “Pop your sweet little ass on my laboratory workstation, and I’ll make sure none of my fellow scientists can see what we’re about to get up to. Especially not Stark.” He tipped her a wink before moving off to shut the door—which had a line of sight through to the living room window—and close all the blinds.

Reese watched him, shaking her head incredulously. Her estate agent boyfriend was dressed up as Bruce Banner! His face and hair might not bear any resemblance to Mark Ruffalo’s, but his backside looked equally good in those high-waisted trousers. Firm and taut and utterly squeezable. Yum. She could understand why he’d chosen to go the Banner route, rather than the Hulk route, and she was glad. Even an uber-geek like her would struggle to find a man covered in green body makeup sexy. Not to mention that it would be a pain in the arse to get the stuff off Zach. No, she liked her men skin-colored, and she was going to thoroughly enjoy screwing Bruce Banner in his laboratory before he went off to do some more experiments and was replaced by Iron Man. She wondered whether her next superhero visitor would be in human clothes or his metal suit.

As Zach turned to her with a grin, pushing his glasses up his nose again, Reese figured her wonderings could wait. Right now, she had a genius scientist to fuck.

Blurb:

Zachary has a dilemma. His girlfriend, Reese, has a special birthday coming up soon and he has absolutely no clue what to get for her. It doesn’t help that Zach does not share or really understand Reese’s biggest hobby—comic books, superheroes and everything that goes with them. Zach raids Reese’s DVD collection for inspiration, and what he finds there gives him an idea…possibly the best one he’s ever had.

Sure, Reese has fantasized about her favorite superheroes. All those muscles and rakish smiles are to die for. She didn’t think Zach would ever really understand, though. But he proves her wrong in the best way possible.


Buy links:






Author Bio:

Lucy Felthouse is a very busy woman! She writes erotica and erotic romance in a variety of subgenres and pairings, and has over 100 publications to her name, with many more in the pipeline. These include several editions of Best Bondage Erotica, Best Women's Erotica 2013 and Best Erotic Romance 2014. Another string to her bow is editing, and she has edited and co-edited a number of anthologies, and also edits for a small publishing house. She owns Erotica For All, is book editor for Cliterati, and is one eighth of The Brit Babes. Find out more at http://www.lucyfelthouse.co.uk. Join her on Facebook and Twitter, and subscribe to her newsletter at: http://eepurl.com/gMQb9


GIVEAWAY!



2 comments: