Thursday, August 13, 2015

Coveted - Blog Tour

coveted_banner

INTERVIEW WITH ALANNAH LYNNE

Tell us your latest news?
After more than 4 years of working on COVETED (Pandora’s Playground #1), it’s finally here! I started this story in 2011 as a way of dealing with my fears concerning my husband’s illness. After a lot of starts and stops—and begging Mathew Galindo (the hero) to open up and let Muriel and I in—I’m thrilled to say he did, and I was finally able to finish. I really enjoyed getting to know him and Muriel, and I’m pleased with the way the story turned out.

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why?
Wow, that’s a tough question. It’s probably not what anyone would expect, but I’m going to say Henry David Thoreau and Ralph Waldo Emerson. LOL I tend to get a little philosophical at times, and their quotes have meant a lot to me over the years, so yeah… I think that would be a pretty interesting dinner party. 

What books or authors have influenced your writing?
I often tell Janelle Denison/Erika Wilde that I owe her everything, and while that might be a slight exaggeration, it’s only a slight one. I was a late bloomer as far as reading romance goes. One day, while wandering the aisles at B&N, Janelle Denison’s “The Wilde Side” cover jumped out at me. I picked it up, read the back cover, read the first page, was hooked, so I took it home. By the end of that weekend, I’d read everything of hers I could get my hands on! A few weeks later I discovered Carly Phillips (her book literally fell off the bookshelf in front of me at Sam’s Club!). I realized she and Janelle were friends, I found their Plotmonkeys Blog, and became a regular stalker… er, reader. <g> They encouraged me to give writing a try, something I’d always wanted to do, and to this day, they are my biggest supporters. I don’t know that I would’ve kept going without their constant love, encouragement, and support. So yes, to answer your questions, Janelle Denison has had a HUGE influence on my writing. :)

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
We’re fortunate to have so many great conferences and book signings all over the country, and because of that, I’ve been able to meet a lot of authors at those events. But there are several I’ve made friends with on FB that I haven’t had the pleasure of meeting in person. The two that pop into my mind first are Sawyer Bennett and Violet Duke. I love those ladies and would love to get together with them.

Tell us a little about your background. When did you start writing?
I have a degree in accounting (ACK!), but worked in advertising and marketing for ten years before becoming a stay-at-home mom. I started writing about ten years ago. I had a novella published with Samhain in 2008 and another story published with The Wild Rose Press in 2010 (SAVING ME – Heat Wave Novel #1 was originally SAVIN’ ME, published by TWRP). In 2010, I was a finalist in the Kensington Brava Writing with the Stars Contest. When my contract expired with The Wild Rose Press, I got the rights back to SAVING ME, took the story that I’d written for the Kensington contest (LAST CALL), and used them to launch the Heat Wave series. Pandora’s Playground is a spin-off of that series.

Thanks for letting me visit with you and your followers today! 

Coveted Teaser 1

EXCERPT

“You need more than a Dom, angel. You need a permanent life partner. I assume you’ll want to remarry. You need someone to come home to at night… You deserve to be held while you're sleeping… To have someone take care of you when you're sick.” She laughed. “Ian didn't do all that. He didn't like to be crowded in his sleep, and he didn't have a clue how to take care of me when sick.” Mathew swallowed and his jaw clenched. “If you were mine, I'd hold you all night, every night. And you can be damn sure I’d be right by your side, tending to your every need, if you were sick.” “So why can't you be mine? Permanently?” “Because I don't know how to do any of the other stuff a man is supposed to do for his wife. Hell, Muriel, I've never, ever taken a woman on a date.” “Bullshit, you do know how to do those things. You’re just stuck on this endless loop of false thinking.” She drew in a deep breath and forced herself to calm. “As for dating… I know you’ve never gone on a real date.” When his eyes flared with surprise, she smiled and admitted, “I know more about you than you think. I’ve always been drawn to you and paid more attention than even I realized. I can show you how to date. Just give it… give us a try.” His head went back and forth again, but hope flickered in his eyes and his chest rose and fell with shallow breaths as he considered her words. After a moment, he said, “I'm always amazed by feminists who argue this lifestyle sets women back a hundred years. There isn't a more kickass feminist on the planet than a sub. You may wear my cuffs and spend a tremendous amount of time on your knees, but you fucking own me. You're the one who has me in chains, and there's not a goddamned thing I can do about it.” Her stomach bottomed out as her heart soared. She didn't think for one second this would be easy—nothing worth fighting for was—but it sure sounded like he’d agreed to being more than temporary play partners, and joy launched her off the table and into his arms.

Masked Lovers  

Coveted
She’s his heaven and his hell... Muriel Stewart has spent the past year grieving the loss of her husband. Now that time has passed, her inner submissive demands Muriel find a new relationship to fulfill her need to love and serve. But there’s only one man who makes Muriel yearn for the intimate Dom/submissive connection the way her husband did, and that’s his best friend, Mathew Galindo ... a man who can barely tolerate her presence. Matthew Galindo buried his own heart and needs the day Muriel Stewart married his best friend and business partner. He’s spent the last eleven years keeping Muriel at a distance, tortured by his love for a woman he could never have, and filled with shame for coveting what wasn’t and would never be his. Not even his best friend’s unexpected death could change that fact. Until Muriel decides she’s ready for a new Dom and wants Matthew to fill that role. Having Muriel in his life is all Mathew has ever wanted. She’s his heaven and his hell, and could be his salvation if he can get beyond his past, his shame, and the guilt he feels for not having saved Ian’s life.

Coveted_graphic

Amazon | B&N | iTunes | Kobo | Google Play

Add Book to GoodReads

  Portrait of loving sensuality couple in dark  

About the Author


Alannah Lynne Author Photo


Alannah believes there's nothing more magical than finding the other half of your soul, experiencing fiery passion, and knowing you've found happily-ever-after. She loves going to work each day (in sweats and a T-shirt) and writing about hot heroes and feisty heroines who torment each other in the most delicious ways before finding their happy ending. She lives in the coastal region of North Carolina with her husband, who also happens to be her best friend and biggest fan. They have two sons, a dog, and two cats. Find Alannah Online at: Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook | GoodReads  

GIVEAWAY!

Alannah is giving away two (2) $25 Gift Cards as part of this tour. Enter below.
 
RockStar_Logo1-15

No comments:

Post a Comment