Thursday, August 13, 2015

In Plain Sight - Blog Tour and Interview

InPlainSight_banner  

INTERVIEW WITH SENAYDA PIERRE

Tell us your latest news?

I’ve got a few things going on all at the same time. My new release, In Plain Sight, is a standalone paranormal romance. It’s not your typical paranormal story so I’m looking forward to hearing what readers think about it.

My erotic romance “The Irresistible Series” has a new release coming before the end of the year. (Crossing my fingers that I can get it all situated.) Surrender is book four of the series and it will feature two major characters, Andrea and Nicholas.

In preparation of the upcoming release I’ve placed The Irresistible Bundle via Kindle Unlimited where members can read it for free. The bundle is also specially priced and features three novellas, three full-length novels, and three bonus stories.

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why?


I would probably have a mix of my favorite authors and authors I find fascinating invited to my dinner party, plus a few wild cards to crash the party and shake things up. I’d definitely invite my all-time favorite authors; Jean Auel, Christine Feehan, and Anne Rice first and foremost. Abbi Glines, Jennifer Armentrout, Amy Harmon, Richelle Mead, Olivia Cunning, Kelley Armstrong, Madeline Sheehan, Kristin Hannah, Tillie Cole, Jamie McGuire, Stephanie Meyer, Jay Crownover, Rachel Van Dyken, Mia Sheridan, K.A. Tucker, J.A Redmerski, Emma Storm, Katie Ashley, Katy Evans, R.K. Lilley and Ella Frank.

And since I can’t have an all female party I’d have Shel Silverstein, C.S. Lewis, William Shakespeare, Stephen King, Charles Sheehan-Miles, Rick Riordan, Mark Twain, and Paulo Coehlo coming too. While the female authors are from our time I would love the opportunity to hang out and get to know a few male authors from history. It’s quite the eclectic group but since that’s the way I read books I figure that’s the way my party should reflect too. I’d definitely share with Jean Auel that I named my oldest child after the main character in her “Earth Children Series”. I’d expect more than a few from this group to get up and lip sync or bust a move after dinner. And by the end of the night I hope everyone leaves with great memories and no regrets.

What books or authors have influenced your writing?

I’ve been reading since I was a little girl. I can remember reading Clan of the Cave Bears as a teenager and absolutely falling in love with that series. I promised myself that I would name my girl after the main character, Ayla. The moment my husband I learned we were having a girl he knew it was a non-negotiable. J

Christine Feehan’s paranormal series – basically all of them – have inspired me to write within any genre yet dare to stand out. Jean Auel and Anne Rice were ahead of their times... It took me becoming a writer to really appreciate that. I look to them any time I need inspiration. Kristin Hannah and Amy Harmon have taught me that a book can move you, haunt you, irrevocably change you... I hope to inspire the same for someone too.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

Now this is a hard one.... I’m dying to meet Christine Feehan since I’ve read and loved absolutely everything she’s ever written. Have I mentioned that I have more than 30 of her books in my possession? And not eBooks either. But I’d also have to say that I’d love to meet Abbi Glines and Jennifer Armentrout. I love that Jennifer can write various genres and be as successful in all of them. I love the way Abbi can write several successful series that intertwine with each other yet can remain completely separate. They have legions of loyal followers and write quality novels every time. Talk about inspiration and motivation.

Tell us a little about your background. When did you start writing?
I’ve been writing all of my life. I started with short stories and poetry as I was growing up. I was a moody teenager and it reflected in my dark stories and emotional poems. It might’ve had something to do with the fact that I also loved to read Stephen King and Anne Rice during those formative years.

Once I got into college and had my first child I stepped away from writing. I still read but not as frequently. It wasn’t until I had my third child that I realized how much I missed reading and writing. While I wrote my first novel about seven years ago I didn’t seriously consider publishing anything until my twin sister pushed me. I’ve fully committed to writing and publishing as of three years ago and have consistently continued to do so. As long as I have stories in my head I will continue to write them out and share them with readers.


InPlainSight_teaser1  


  inplainsight

“Hide in plain sight. Grandfather’s mantra is forever ingrained in me.” Sahalie is the last of her lineage, bearing supernatural abilities gifted by the Spirits. She knows that in order to unlock her full potential she needs to find her mate. Yet in order to protect herself Sahalie knows she cannot reveal her secret abilities nor share her lineage with anyone but her true mate. She feels an instant and an undeniable connection with Yuma. Her Spirit Animal, a sassy little red fox is also drawn to the man’s Spirit Animal, a powerful tiger. The problem? Yuma is the son of an Elder. An Elder’s son means Yuma is neck-deep in community politics and drama. And she wants none of that. While Sahalie tries to avoid Yuma, the pull of true mates is evident and soon they find themselves unable to stay apart. “What is it about you Sahalie?” I voice the question that’s haunted me since I first locked gazes with her. Yuma has a very difficult decision to make… Will he follow his heart and Spirit Animal’s wishes and claim Sahalie as his true mate or will he uphold his duty to the communities and follow through with an arranged mating? Yuma’s life-altering decision will affect everyone… not just him and Sahalie but the future of all their communities.
  InPlainSight_graphic

Purchase at: Amazon | Barnes & Noble | iTunes | Kobo

  InPlainSight_teaser2  

Excerpt

“I don’t envy you” Misae rubs his hands over his face. The moment my life fell apart he stopped looking for his mate. He doesn’t want anything like this to happen to him. He wants to ensure to do things right. Unlike me. We quietly stare at the moon. It’s an important night for the community. Couples are announcing new matings while others are completing the fertility ritual. I want no part in either of those things. Father and the other Elders can be upset with me but I no longer care enough to do as they say. Father took away my future, my little piece of heaven. “What’s that?” Misae asks as Wind swirls around us. It’s the first time the Element has interacted with me. The trees straighten. Flowers bloom in the dark. Every living thing is reacting to whatever it is that Wind carries with it. But then we hear it. I hear the very thing I’ve longed for in weeks. Her voice… Sahalie’s voice floats with the breeze. Her lyrical voice sweeps through the trees making them shudder with joy. It embraces and ensnares me. I can barely make out the lyrics but it doesn’t matter. For the first time since she left my heart beats rapidly in my chest. My throat closes with emotion. The numbness evaporates, only to be replaced with longing and reverence. She’s out there somewhere singing to someone. Fat tears slide down my face. Once upon a time she used to sing to me, for me. A sob escapes before I can stop it. I sob uncontrollably as her heartbreaking voice seeps into me. “Please” I gasp uncaring that Misae is present to see me falling apart. “Please don’t let Sahalie find someone else. Help me right this wrong.” I plead to the Spirits. Misae presses his palms into his eyes willing the tears to go away. He’s never seen me so broken and its affecting him too. Words fail us in this moment. No one can promise that everything’s going to be okay because it’s impossible to know that. I don’t wish for Sahalie to remain alone but I can’t fathom her being with someone else either.

   InPlainSight_teaser4    

About the Author

Sen profile

Senayda Pierre is a native Floridian who’s always had a passion for music, sports, reading and writing. She currently lives in Orlando, Florida with her husband and three beautiful daughters. Senayda is an identical twin. That’s right, sometimes people give her a second glance wondering if she’s the person they know! She’s never seen snow… Swears she’ll live in Hawaii someday… And she intends to travel the world… Senayda’s had a long love affair with reading and writing. She loved to write short stories and poetry throughout her childhood. Now Senayda’s moved onto novels. 

Find out more about Senayda at: Website | Facebook | Twitter | GoodReads  

GIVEAWAY!

Kindle Fire HD 6 Giveaway - Senayda Pierre


Grand Prize: Kindle Fire HD 6, Black, 6” HD Display, 8 GB Other winners will be chosen to win copies of “The Irresistible Series Bundle” or “Willfully Compelled”
RockStar_Logo1-15

No comments:

Post a Comment