Tuesday, September 29, 2015

These Battered Hands by Lauren Ulen Curtis - Release Blitz


These Battered Hands by Laurel Ulen Curtis

Date of Publication: September 29, 2015

Blurb


Callie
Blood, sweat, hard work, and a disconcerting lack of tears—my entire life—was meant to culminate in a flourish of glory and significance.
I'd thought I'd always known exactly what that meant.
But I'd had the timing wrong by about three minutes.
I knew now.
This moment wasn't everything. The one person I found myself wanting more than anything during it was.

Nik
One preconceived notion can haunt you for the entirety of your life.
I thought I owed it to myself and to everyone who'd ever backed me to do what was expected. What was right. What I was supposed to do.
But nothing is forbidden in love. Not circumstances or propriety or the denial of the object of said affection.
I knew now.
This was it.
If I wanted it, I had to take it.

This gymnastics love story is more than grips, rips, and battered hands. 

For Calia Nickleson and Nikolai Bagrov, it was everything.

Available From


About Laurel Ulen Curtis



Laurel Ulen Curtis is a 28 year old mother of one. She lives with her husband and son (and cat!) in New Jersey, but grew up all over the United States. She graduated from Rutgers University in 2009 with a Bachelor of Science in Meteorology, and puts that to almost no use other than forecasting for her friends and writing a storm chasing heroine! She has a passion for her family, laughing, and reading and writing Romance novels. She's also addicted to Coke. The drink, not the drug.

Find Laurel Ulen Curtis Online



Tell us your latest news?

These Battered Hands is LIVE and just waiting for you to read it!

Its a gymnastics romance starring Calia Nickleson, an aging three time Olympic hopeful, and her new coach and world-class power tumbler, Nikolai Bagrov.

Electric chemistry builds and blossoms between the two as her stubborn determination slams head first into his unshakable rationale.

Both characters bring a lot to the table, but early readers cant stop swooning for Nik, naming him one of their Top Book Boyfriends of all time!

I mean, I love him. And Im absolutely unbiased being that he came from my imagination, right? Right.

Youre going to love it. If you dont, Ill buy you something.
(Disclaimer: That statement was a bald-faced lie. I most definitely wont buy you anything. Sorry. I will be sarcastic, though. That much is obvious.)

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why?

Honestly, Id probably pick my friends, M. Mabie, Aly Martinez, NA Alcorn, and Tara Sivec, because I know a good time would be had by all. Plus, they are super talented awesome ladies who anyone would be lucky to dream about having dinner with. Im just lucky enough to actually do it.

What books or authors have influenced your writing?

Kristen Ashley and Tara Sivec. Kristen has an ability like no other to tell a story that feels real. I strive for that same realness. And Taras twisted mind has the kind of humor that makes me want to live inside of it for a week. And jealous. I strive to be my own version of her awesome.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?

Kylie Scott. Not only is she an incredibly talented writer, but she seems like the down to earth, kind person that Id want to hang out with for a few hours. Or indefinitely. One or the other.

Tell us a little about your background. When did you start writing?

I published my first book in January of 2013, so Ive been writing professionally for about two and a half years now. Ive always enjoyed writing, but this is actually the very last career I ever would have expected for myself. I went to college for Meteorology (thats right, a Science degree) and planned to follow a career path for that.
Writing turned out to be a very happy accident. I can no longer picture myself doing anything else. And I cant wait to see what it brings in the future.





Hosted by:

No comments:

Post a Comment