Saturday, October 31, 2015

Author Interview - Annabel Fanning - Author of She

Tell us your latest news?
I’m so excited to be releasing She Part 2 at last! I absolutely love these characters and their story, and I’m thrilled with how this series has ended. In amongst the busyness and fun of releasing it, I’m also getting my next trilogy ready for release in October/November.

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why?

Earnest Hemingway, because I’d love to know what made him tick. Jane Austen, because I’m sure I’d love to hear her talk about men and romance. And J.K.Rowling, because she could talk for days about the Harry Potter world, all sorts of information that never made it into the books, and I’d be all ears.

What books or authors have influenced your writing?
I have to go back to my childhood to answer this question, because Roald Dahl’s books had a huge influence on me. His writing style not only taught me to be succinct and concise, and it also taught me (maybe the best lesson of all) that nothing is too ridiculous! His weird and wacky tales were always so entertaining to me, the stranger, the better.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
I’m a big fan of Paulo Coelho, and in particular his novel, The Alchemist. I love how he conducts himself on social media, really cool and casual, he has a great relationship with his readers, and when I “grow up” I’d love to inspire people the way he has.

Tell us a little about your background. When did you start writing?

I’ve been writing my whole life, across several different mediums. In my teens I was an avid songwriter and writer of screenplays. In my late teens I began writing my first novel, and now, seven years later, I’m still going strong!


Thanks for chatting to me! x

No comments:

Post a Comment