Saturday, October 31, 2015

Author Interview - Crista McHugh - Author of Queen B

Tell us your latest news?
I wish I could share news I’m sitting on, but I can say that I will be participating in a couple of group collaborative projects in 2016 with my contemporary romances. And as I’m wrapping up The Queen B* series, I’m working on new Young Adult series and revamping one of my fantasy series for 2016.

If you could have a dinner party with any authors from any time in history, who would you choose and why?
I would have dinner with William Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde, and Jane Austin because among all three of them, there would be enough wit to keep the conversations lively.

What books or authors have influenced your writing?
I mentioned the authors above because I love the sharp satire of their works as a reflection of their respective societies, and I tend to have a bit of a sarcastic side to my writing voice. I loved the heart in the Harry Potter series where even the death of a character who started out as a villain at the beginning of the series could bring tears to my eyes. I only hope I could write characters like that. And the list of YA authors I’ve been reading recently who have blown me away with the way they can capture the angst and uncertainty and the intensity of first loves would be too long to list.

Is there an Author that you would really like to meet?
I’ve been pretty lucky in that I’ve met so many authors I adore through conferences, but I’d love to meet JK Rowling one day.


Tell us a little about your background. When did you start writing?
I wrote my first book in high school (a really sappy historical YA romance that will NEVER see the light of day), but I didn’t get serious about writing until I was in the Air Force. I couldn’t kill my CO in real life, but I could kill her off in a short story. It was so liberating, I kept writing to deal the daily stress of my job. By the time I got out, I was hooked and already getting offers for publication.

No comments:

Post a Comment